The acquisition and control unit processes and displays the data coming from the electrometer. The unit allows to locally visualize the dose rate or the integrated dose values through a display, and indicates alarm, pre-alarm or bad functioning statuses through messages, built-in buzzer and LED signals. The alarm and pre-alarm threshold values, as well as the operational parameters and the measurement data, are saved in the internal memory. The user can set the parameters through the external keyboard or through the remote management software (if provided).
The standard configuration of NAUSICAA monitoring unit, suitable for indoor use, is composed by a table box 3U 63HP, which hosts the electronics modules, and the ion chamber directly installed on top of it. Wall mounting accessory and trolley kit are also available, as well as a IP54 enclosure.
It is possible to connect one or more units to a host PC (running 5700 sMON software) through Ethernet or serial communication.
The ICP-T unit is identical to NAUSICAA, but it does not include the acquisition and control unit: ICP-T must be connected and managed by a SATURN ratemeter.
The DISCOVERY IC-T unit is a special version of NAUSICAA, assembled in a IP65 housing, designed to operate outdoor and to communicate through wireless connection. It can be easily mounted on a telescopic tripod, and it features a water proof LCD display and function buttons panel. The low voltage power supply can be provided by the built-in rechargeable batteries, in case of remote measurements or should a power outage occur. The ZigBee Wireless device allows communication up to 1 km in open space or 100 m indoor. A GPS locator can be optionally installed.
- Highest sensitiviy available on the market
- Extremely high reliability
- Extremely stable response
- Detector: pressurized ion chamber
- Measurement range: 10 nSv/h ÷ 10 Sv/h (environmental measurement version) or 10 nSv/h ÷ 100 mSv/h (-PF pulsed field version)
- Energy range: 30 keV ÷ 10 MeV
- Local display of acquired data and alarm status (except ICP-T)
- Connectable to a host PC, through Ethernet or serial communication, for remote management