Bertin Instruments offers a broad range of sensors and turnkey network solutions for all tasks related to the monitoring of radiation in the environment including gamma dose rate measurement, spectroscopic analysis and air monitoring.
Probes and stations have been developed and optimized thanks to Saphymo’s expertise to provide customers with state-of-the-art instrumentation for ring monitoring around nuclear facilities, area monitoring, nationwide early warning systems and mobile & quick deployment solutions.
Compliance with CEM norms:
β measuring range:
α measuring range:
- The radioactive dust is deposited by air suction on a filter paper placed in the BAB beacons.
- The suction flow rate is about 5 m3/h (it depends on dustiness and type of filter paper).
- The flow rate is calculated from the depression measured between the filter and the pump. This allows to detect any tear or dust clogging.
- Placed one centimeter above the sample, the detection system is based on two 300 μm thick silicon diodes with a surface of 360 mm2.
- The analog signal from the two diodes is amplified by a preamplifier with an output range of about 30mV/MeV.
- An amplifier increases the signal amplitude to 0.7V/MeV, and the signal is then used to produce the energy spectrum via an amplitude analyzer that encodes information to 512 channels.
Wireless data link, (ShortLINK or SkyLINK radio)
Reasons To Choose BAB – Air Monitoring Beacon
Gamma background and Radon / Thoron discrimination
Large Si detector
Real time monitoring
High suction rate