ADAMOS stations are composed by the following main components:
- Mechanical structure: rugged steel structure composed of modular conveyors sections, a measurement chamber and a switchboard
- Detection equipment: moving and collimated detectors, either HPGe, large plastic or NaI(Tl) scintillators
- Management software: user-friendly operator interface
All versions of ADAMOS share the following features:
The drum is moved by the conveyor to the measuring chamber, equipped with a rotating platform, while the detectors are moved to different heights to scan the total drum volume in sub-sections.
The system also features an automatic centring function, a horizontally movable detector frame and a set of collimators; the correct measurement setup is automatically selected and applied by the software based on the measurement type and the radioactivity level.
PLC and PC
All the actuations and safety devices of the system are locally managed by a PLC. The operator interacts with the PLC through the touch-screen panel installed on the switchboard, and manages the system work cycle through a PC. The software manages the workflow, sending commands to the PLC, which then performs the related macro operations. The system status is constantly monitored in order to detect failures or anomalous conditions.
ADAMOS system implements the “safety by design” principle to prevent any harm to operators and to the mechanical parts of the system. Typically, ADAMOS stations are equipped with perimeter protections and interlocks to prevent harm to the operator when the work cycle is running, and several emergency switches activated by potentially dangerous conditions (collision sensors, proximity sensors, emergency buttons, etc.).
- Standard worldwide system for precise waste characterization
- Versatile measurement geometry
- Sub-sections scanning procedure to allow characterization of non-homogeneous matrices
- Detector: HPGe, plastic scintillators, NaI(Tl)
- Automatic drum centring and weighting
- Drum size: up to 500 l and 2500 kg with a density up to 2 g/cm3
- Local and remote operator interfaces
- Software for specific activity measurement
- Hot spot detection